In a brave move, Great Lengths showed strength of character in recent years by inviting Angelo Seminara on board as creative director. For a hair extensions brand to invite such a high-profile, experimental artist was truly exciting and the rewards have been immense. We love seeing the collections Angelo produces for the brand, both avant-garde and more commercial. The most recent location shoot took place in the Namibian desert and the results are stunning. Equally Great Lengths can demonstrate how in-tune they are with the high street – look at these gorgeous shots below to launch the new Great Lengths hair tapes… #tributeloves indeed.
Now it’s your turn! The Great Lengths awards 2018 are open for entries and we urge you to try for a title.
GREAT LENGTHS AWARDS 2018
There are new categories and prices with tickets to the Great Lengths production facility in Rome included. GL certified stylists can showcase passion and creativity. Entries must be in by 1 July and there are 11 prestigious categories in total. The awards will conclude in great style on the 16 September with an awards ceremony held at the Royal Armouries in Leeds.
The UK awards categories for 2018 include:
- Longer Length
- Captivating Colour
- Enviable Volume
- Bridal Creation
- Creative Innovation
- Hair of Fame – New for 2018 (entry is via the monthly Hair of Fame competition at greatlengthshair.co.uk)
- Silver Salon/Freelancer Award – Outstanding Performance
- Gold Salon/Freelancer Award – Outstanding Performance
- Platinum Salon/Freelancer Award – Outstanding Performance – New for 2018
- Best Newcomer Award
- The Great Lengths Trophy – Extension Excellence James Henderson, Owner of M Hair Salon, Nottingham and winner of The Great Lengths Trophy, Extension Excellence Award 2016/17 said: “Winning the Awards has given us the edge over our competitors and given our clients and prospective clients the confidence that they are in the best hands. Winning the awards has cemented our 30 years in the extensions business and helped to raise national awareness of our brand.”When asked how she felt about winning the Best Gold Salon Award 2016/17, Emma Choremi from McQueens Hairdressing in Bristol said: “I felt so relieved and happy, for myself and for my team. It was an honour to be recognised. Winning the award gave me a whole new outlook on my work, my salon has been noticed and recognised as one of the best for extension work.”Many of the award winners have gone on to work with the Great Lengths Head Office team on numerous collaborative opportunities including campaign shoots, PR and industry exhibitions, further raising their profile in the hair industry and also amongst potential clients.Joscelin McCourt, Great Lengths UK and Ireland Managing Director said: “We are so excited to bring back the UK awards in 2018 and couldn’t be happier to be hosting the presentation event in Leeds: the home of our UK Head Office. It’s a really great opportunity to celebrate all the outstanding work Great Lengths stylists are doing every day.”
TO ENTER, contact your Great Lengths rep for information.