Launching THE BIG ONE TROPHY in the UK is one big adventure, and we’re delighted to let you know that this competition is officially OPEN…
This is an exciting opportunity for both emerging and established talent to impress us with your hair photography and eye for design.
All UK hairdressers, based here or working abroad, are invited to join in and enter with several categories to choose between.
- THE UP AND COMING ONE
For hairdressers under 30 years of age
- THE ONE FOR YOUR CLIENT
A contemporary yet classic, commercial look
- THE EXPERIMENTAL ONE
Think avant-garde, we want adventurous and inventive looks
- THE ONE FOR TEXTURE
Work must be created on afro hair
- THE TEAM ONE
An opportunity for Art Teams to show off the creativity of their collaborations
- THE ONE FOR COLOUR
Show us your most beautiful colour work – subtle or striking, you choose
- THE DESIGN ONE
We’re looking for an eye-catching and chic salon design within the UK industry
- THE BIG ONE
We decide. This category is not open to entry, and will be selected from the other seven categories by the judges themselves.
- The competition The Big One is open to all UK hairdressers working in the UK, as well as non-UK hairdressers who are working in the UK.
- To enter The Big One, you must send us your entry dossier by Monday 16th September 2019.
- Your entry dossier must include:
• Four photographs – no more, no less
• Credits for your photographs – this is compulsory
• Your details – your name, salon, address of salon, telephone number, email address (compulsory) and social media handles (optional)
- You can send your entry to us by post (USB key), or by WeTransfer or equivalent to Lilly@tribu-te.com. Only entries in digital format will be accepted, no printed documents or photographs.
- You can enter several categories. However, the same pictures can only be used to compete in two categories.
If you would like to enter more categories, you need to send more pictures!
- You must send in four photographs – these can be from the same collection or not, you decide
- Photographs must be in A4 format (21 x 29.7 cm) in 300 dpi. Ask your photographer if you are in doubt
- Photographs can be in colour or black and white (except for The One for Colour, of course where they must be in colour)
- Photographs must be taken against a plain background – white, colour or black
- Photographs must be less than 12 months old
- Photographs must be either head and shoulders (plan beaute) or 3/4 length (plan american). Full-length is not allowed.
- Photographs must include no more than one model per shot.
HOW TO ENTER
By email or WeTransfer to: Lilly@tribu-te.com
By post including USB to: Lilly Cox, TRIBU-TE Magazine, 20 Mortlake High Street, London, SW14 8JN.
The judging panel will be composed of the editors of Tribu-te Magazine from France, the UK, Belgium, Holland and Mexico.
After the judging process has taken place, all finalists will be invited to the awards ceremony.
The Big One will take place at the Tribu-te Show on Sunday 6 October at the Aldywch Theatre in London.
For any inquiries, please email: Lilly@tribu-te.com.
Here online you may browse our Portfolio section to find inspiration from the greatest hair artists… read our Blog to discover the top events and what we like about them,… then visit our Magazine section to read the latest edition (and archive editions) of Tribu-te publications. If you’d like to enjoy your very own edition of Tribu-te delivered direct to your home – vist the Shop to order a subscription to arrive quarterly. And of course, once a year, you can visit the Tribu-te Show – it’s an awesome presentation of the leading hairdressers on the best stage possible in central London each October! Contact us if you have any questions or would like to submit photography and ideas for any of our editions in Europe – we’re particulary keen to see your salons for our Design section both in print and online.